Thursday, March 27, 2014

HELLO, hello!

Hi! My name is Samuel T. Quach, a current Junior in high school from the great state of New York who is currently residing in the beautiful huge state of Texas.

A bit about me (I’ve had a blast during my time in high school): but, like your resume, the list should really be narrowed down to most proud of and done for. There are three things that are most near and dear to my heart as extracurricular activities:
  •             Current Academics Team Commander, Company Guidon Bearer, and Cadet Chief Petty Officer (as well as a member of multiple teams) in the Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC); previously the Color Detail Commander, a graduate of Basic Leadership Training (BLT-aka Boot Camp), and awarded the Military Officers Association of America medal (for the most potential for future leadership), the Backbone Award (for accomplishments done that are usually unawarded or otherwise unrecognized), Honor Cadet, as well as multiple Outstanding Cadet awards.
  •           Current Key Club President; formerly the Club Bulletin Editor/Webmaster/Parliamentarian, and has had an article featured in the Texas-Oklahoma Key Club Publication
  •             Experienced Vietnamese Teacher/Teacher’s Assistant for three years at a local church, and starting this year a Co-Catechist for a Catholic Continuing Education class.

In my spare time, I love to read as well as (ha) dreaming. I also love to eat durian! I’m an introvert, but during high school I’ve come out of my shell quite a bit.

It’s a great honor and pleasure to be part of the effort this blog was created for: to guide others towards being the best they can be during high school through their extracurriculars.

Take note: everything that any of us writers put on this blog is solely our opinion and philosophy gained in long, long experience. Keep in mind your context in relation to the writers’; notice, for instance, that all three of us are leaders within our beloved organization, Key Club. Therefore, not everything we say will hold true in all cases. Heck, we writers might even disagree with one another (we tend to agree on most things) once in awhile.

Do your best to take which advice will be the best for you-the environment truly influences your experiences. All three of us writers are different in our own ways (which is why every person on Earth is truly unique-that’s what makes this world so beautiful and colorful), but I hope that I can give two perspectives that the other two can’t: 1) I’m a guy. 2) I don’t live in California.   

I tend to focus onto personal qualities and smaller based guidance; I try to keep everything I put up short and sweet, because in doing so what I say through these articles will have a more meaningful impact. Truly blessed to have this opportunity to share my experiences, and I look forward to seeing you all in the future!

~SQ
Member (Pins) Induction Ceremony.
Somethings are darkened for privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment